Let’s face it. Winter is rough on skin, but the dry air is even more dangerous is you have a tendency to have dry skin and/or have other skin conditions. Although I have an oily face, my skin otherwise is dry as the Southwest desert I live in. On top of that, I have eczema. Needless to say, winter makes my skin dry, patchy, and sometimes unbearably itchy.
Since I had a major eczema flare last summer, I’ve been working at keeping my skin better hydrated and flare free. To do that, it’s important to regularly exfoliate my skin with gentle products. Exfoliating gets rid of dead skin and helps the skincare products you use to work better.
One of my favorite products to use is Treehut’s Shea Sugar Body Scrub. I love…love…love this. Treehut Shea Sugar Body Scrub is simply amazing. If you’re trying to get rid of dry, itchy winter skin, you gotta try this. (I keep backups of this product on hand at all times.)
I use the original Treehut Sugar Body Scrub and try to stay away from the other versions that are more heavily fragranced. The original body scrub has a light shea fragrance that doesn’t irritate my skin or linger after use. I typically use this sugar scrub at least once a week. (I’m still struggling to stay on schedule with this.) When used with gentle pressure, this is a great body exfoliator. After use, my skin always feels buttery smooth and hydrated. (By the way, I don’t use salt scrubs because they have a tendency to really dry my skin out.)
- The best way to use this scrub is in the shower or bathtub because it can be quite messy. Also, be sure to use a safety bath mat so that you don’t slip.
- Do not use this product on your face.
- This body scrub also works great for hands to get rid of rough dry patches.
- Try the original version of this product if you are more sensitive to fragranced products.
- Use gentle pressure when using this product to avoid skin damage.
- Rinse thoroughly. (You’d be surprised how persistent some of the sugar granules are at sticking to wet skin.)
- Newly exfoliated skin makes it easier for your body oils, creams, and lotions to lock in necessary moisture.
So, comment below if you’ve tried Treehut’s Sugar Body Scrub or if you’ve discovered a better and more hydrating body exfoliator. I’d love your feedback. 🙂
*Currently, Ulta has this body scrub on sale buy 2 get 1 free in their printed advertisement. However, online, Ulta is selling Treehut products buy one get one 50% off on their online site. Usually, a jar of this scrub retails for $7.49, but the cost may vary at your local Ulta. Either way, you can use Ulta’s $3.50 coupon to get a really great deal.
This is not a sponsored post.