Do you ever see a beauty blogger online and wonder what shade foundation shade she wears and whether it will be similar to yours?
As a woman of color, I am constantly trying to find out how makeup will look like on me before I take the big plunge and buy it for myself. However, it’s pretty tough to find out what shades the beauty gurus who look similar in complexion are wearing without trolling through tons and tones of videos hoping that they listed some of them in their YouTube notes. So, with that in mind, I’ve decided to actively share my foundation shades with you.
I’ll actively update this list from time to time. I’ll also include, where applicable, what my winter and summer foundation shades are since I become lighter in winter and darker in summer. Additionally, I will share any notes about the foundation that you may find helpful. 🙂
- Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation in #175 Cafe (Winter shade)
- Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation in #177 Cognac (Summer shade)
- CoverGirl 3-in-1 Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation in #865 Tawny (Winter shade) *Please note, that this foundation starts off very yellow on me and then becomes the correct shade once it sets and oxidizes.
- Smashbox BB Cream in Dark
- Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup in Nutmeg
- The Balm “Balm Shelter” Tinted Moisturizer in After Dark
- The Balm “Time Balm” in After Dark
- Make Up For Ever Duo Matte 218 (contour color)
- MAC Blot Powder in Dark (Winter)
- MAC Blot Powder in Deep Dark (Summer)
- MAC Sheer Loose/Setting Powder in NC45
- Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation in Bronze #2
- Benefit Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover-up for Face in Nutmeg
- Make Up Forever Pro Finish Powder in #177 Neutral Caramel
This page was last updated 1/03/14.