Now that I have successfully defended my dissertation, everyone keeps asking what I plan to do next. For right now, I just want to keep my plans simple and take time to relax. During the summer, I will develop more definitive and professional plans. So in no particular order, here’s what I presently plan to do:
- Change my title on all mail and online profiles to Dr.
- Cook and eat “real” food again.
- Start working out and drop some weight.
- Clean my house from top to bottom.
Return all university library books.
- Grow my nails out again. (They are bitten to the quick.)
- Shop ’til I drop or at least until the student loan repayments kick in.
- Watch all the movies I’ve missed in the last 4 years.
Watch season 1 of Scandal.
- Hang out with my friends again.
- Have a party!
- Stay up all night for absolutely no reason.
- Sleep for a week.
- Sit in the sunshine for an entire afternoon for absolutely no reason.
- Read books just for fun. 🙂